Anyone have a co2 setup lying around?

Anyone have a co2 setup lying around?

How big is your tank? The DIY yeast works great for smaller 10 gals tanks.

I also have a new pH controller if you're interested. It sure beats trying to count bubbles. I gassed my fish once and will now never make that mistake. $40

Have you kept these? I'd like to hear about your experience

I have. You just need to dose CO2 and macros/micros. This will will ensure the plants out-compete the algae.

Also Seachem Excel can help get rid of algae if dosed in large amounts. If you have a doser, I'd dose macros [you can make your own solution - look up PPS-Pro] and micros [Seachem Flourish] and Excel.

Not all systems are the same, there are low-maintenance setups that consist of slow grow species like Anubias, Microsorum, Bolbitis and Cryptocorynes. It's mainly stem plants that require lots of trimming.

020.jpg

Great info. I sincerely appreciate it. Do you have a chemical supplier to recommend? Will a chemical supplier have dry trace elements and if You make this pps-pro, the directions say mke it in two bottles. Do you dose the same amount from each bottle? And how often?

You just have to find lab grade chemicals. Usually I find them on eBay.

I recommend buying a pre-made trace mix. Like Seachem Flourish; it's better than the dry stuff.

Only reason for two bottles is one for macros [NPK] and one for micros [trace+Fe].

For PPS-Pro, you dose everyday for macros.

https://sites.google.com/site/aquaticplantfertilizer/home/pps-pro

1mL for every 10gallons of water. Pretty easy; especially with a doser.

For micros, I'd split the recommended dosage on the Flourish bottle to does everyday.

Back