Anyone have a Kiritimati Triggerfish

Terryz_

Anyone here have a Kiritimati Triggerfish? Is it very different from Blue throat in real life besides being rare...

Because I already have a pair of small blue throat, I have offer for a 5 inch kiritimati, but the blue throat pair is max around 3 inch, I deliberately search for small ones... Would there be any problem?

Love to see some photo if you have them..

Thanks!

I had a blue throat and a sargassum in a 180g and it ended badly. I now have the blue throat in a large quarantine tank by itself and the red tail in the display (the fish are between 3-5 inches). You will need a back up plan. If you get the Kiritimati and they don't get along, I would get rid of one of them (blue throats or kiritimati). They may be ok with other triggers that don't look alike. Kind of like tangs.

I had a blue throat and a sargassum in a 180g and it ended badly. I now have the blue throat in a large quarantine tank by itself and the red tail in the display (the fish are between 3-5 inches). You will need a back up plan. If you get the Kiritimati and they don't get along, I would get rid of one of them (blue throats or kiritimati). They may be ok with other triggers that don't look alike. Kind of like tangs.

Oh, sad to hear that, is the blue throat a male? I was planning of getting a ringens before I was offered a kritimanti.. I am having a smaller tank then you.. now I am worried, I will get rid of the pair if it doesn't work out well..

Oh, sad to hear that, is the blue throat a male? I was planning of getting a ringens before I was offered a kritimanti.. I am having a smaller tank then you.. now I am worried, I will get rid of the pair if it doesn't work out well..

No it is a female blue throat. She did not bother any other fish until the sargassum was added and then it was WWIII between those two. I gave it a half day hoping that they would work it out, but that didn't happen. They are both doing ok and eating in their separate tanks.

Back