Stocking 220 reef tank

Dooz

Tank size is 50x32x32, plan to have plenty of rock caves and hiding places, mostly LPS. I understand this bio-load is on the heavy side for a 220, but I plan to remove a few fish off this list as I continue to narrow it down. I know the Blue Throat / Cross Hatch Trigger is a risk (and can eat inverts) and the PBT could potentially be the most aggressive tankmate but these are at the top of my list and really want them. Also would like to get opinions on the anthias, scribbled rabbit fish, wrasses and the smaller fish on my list to make sure they can hold their own.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Ignites or resplendent Anthias (5)
Or
Carberryi Mathias and Bartlett (3 each)

Pajama cardinal fish (7)
or
Bangaii (only 2?)

Midas Benny or Bicolor
Starry blenny
Yashi shrimp goby
Helfrichi fire fish

Ocellaris clownfish (already have)
Snowflake clownfish (already have)
Possum Wrasse (already have)

Wrasses (3 cirrhilabrus)
Labouts / Lineatus
Pintail
Rhomboidalis

Paracheilinus
McCoskers / Carpenters
Diamond tail
Madagascan Half bar

1-2 Halichoeres
Earmuff / Melanurus
Chloropterus
Halichoeres Hortulanus (too big? Eats inverts?)
Flame or Potters Angel
Scribbled Rabbitfish - Siganus doliatus
White tail Kole tang
Yellow Tang
Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Blue Throat or Cross Hatch Trigger

Most of the time a hierarchy will form, I think the key is adding fish in the right order. Generally least to most aggressive.

That said, the only thing I may concerned with is mixing Halichoeres. I’ve heard a mix of good and bad when mixing them due to similar body shape.

Also the Halichoeres Hortulanus, while not too big over all for that tank, it may look too big at adult size with a tank of those dimensions.

What Shane ^ said.
Most of the time a hierarchy will form, I think the key is adding fish in the right order. Generally least to most aggressive.

That said, the only thing I may concerned with is mixing Halichoeres. I’ve heard a mix of good and bad when mixing them due to similar body shape.

Also the Halichoeres Hortulanus, while not too big over all for that tank, it may look too big at adult size with a tank of those dimensions.
Wasn’t aware of that with Halichoeres but that does make sense since they all look very similar. I’m wondering if there are a couple that look different enough to coexist? Not the end of the world if I can’t have more than one since that will allow me to keep an extra Cirrhilabrus or Paracheilinus.

Also welcome to RC. I’m honestly not sure enough to answer if any look different enough or not

Back