Anyone have the Kessil AP9X?

rhkingsfan

Curious about how this performs. I had two A360WE Tuna Blues and sold them to go with a AI Hydra 52 over my Fusion 25 lagoon. I hated the programming of the Kessil controller but I miss those lights. The AP9X has the new wifi software so i'm tempted to make the jump back to Kessil.

Maybe I'll wait until Black Friday... decisions decisions..

I heard 2 of 360x coverage, color blending, and around 70% power of ap700. So... it's good I guess lol.

I would personally go with ati t5 fixture with reefbrite led supplement.

I changed from 2 ap700 to t5 hybrid with 1 ap700. Coral grows crazy and colorhas been improved a lot.

나의 SM-G950U 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Thanks but never been a fan of T5. I miss the shimmer and I feel the Hydra 52 with diffuser kind of has that T5 look. And look it's 2020, we shouldn't have to change bulbs on our reef lights anymore!

I'm currently running six 360x's and three OR2 Orphek blue plus bars over my custom 90g, it's a bit overkill, but I'm going sps crazy, so absolute coverage is the key. I use the spectral controller x, but I'm considering using the wifi dongle in the future?
I did the one on one Zoom session with Kessil before the ap9x was released and I like what they did with the light, plus the connectivity options are better and it's essentially the hub if you add any other Kessil lights.
I think the ap9x would be too much for the 25 lagoon, mainly because you can't adjust the distance between the pucks. I think two 360x's over the lagoon will do the job nicely and that's what I'm going to use when I set up my nuvo black lagoon (25). Having individual lights will give you more control on placement and coverage.
Just a few things to think about.

I'm currently running six 360x's and three OR2 Orphek blue plus bars over my custom 90g, it's a bit overkill, but I'm going sps crazy, so absolute coverage is the key. I use the spectral controller x, but I'm considering using the wifi dongle in the future?
I did the one on one Zoom session with Kessil before the ap9x was released and I like what they did with the light, plus the connectivity options are better and it's essentially the hub if you add any other Kessil lights.
I think the ap9x would be too much for the 25 lagoon, mainly because you can't adjust the distance between the pucks. I think two 360x's over the lagoon will do the job nicely and that's what I'm going to use when I set up my nuvo black lagoon (25). Having individual lights will give you more control on placement and coverage.
Just a few things to think about.

That was incredibly insightful. Thanks for the advice. I used to have two A360WEs over the lagoon and I wish there was one mount for the two lights. It just looked really busy with two mounts on such a small tank. The controller was also terrible. I doubt I can get away with just one 360x on an SPS tank, but I may try.

The A mounting arms are super clean and the cables go inside them, so it's a clean setup. But I completely understand having a simple and clean look, especially over that tank. Here's a quick pic of my setup.
899206c4f9b02fc20aea9eac062af95b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The A mounting arms are super clean and the cables go inside them, so it's a clean setup. But I completely understand having a simple and clean look, especially over that tank. Here's a quick pic of my setup.
899206c4f9b02fc20aea9eac062af95b.jpg

That's awesome light combo! Do you like so far?

That's awesome light combo! Do you like so far?

Yes! The great thing about the new Kessil's is the ability to create zones or change the programming on individual lights if needed. Plus, the Orphek bars are mix well with them.

Back