Anyone know anything about metric pvc?

sinful

I'm needing the equalivant of a 1" threaded adapter. I've seen where that could be 25mm or 32mm?? however I can't fine anything online for one. Specifically looking female threaded adapter or coupling that goes to either 1" or 3/4 on the other side. Is this possible and worth searching for? Or should I MAKE 1" work and just it torque it down....

Well 1" =25.4mm if that helps.if you google it you should I able to find a standard to metric adapter online.

the cut of the threads might not be the same.

Is there a union anywhere? you might be able to replace the "innards" of the union with the innards of a 1" union and make the conversion that way. All you have to ensure is that the rubber gasket makes a good seal. I had to do this with my Avast Kalk reactor - the threads they used on the fitting coming out of the reactor where wacky - and it has a hose barb connector. I wanted straight socket PVC - so I bought a new 1/2" union - removed the barbed connector that was glued into the "innards" and replaced it with the innards from the new 1/2" union.

Don't try to torque it down - you'll either split the fitting or it will always leak.

Thanks guys. I went the easiest route and just bought the right skimmer for it. Now I have a spare pump, can't go wrong there I guess.

Back