Anyone still around

Seems that way, the hobby use to be a hobby and fun. Now it looks like everyone seemed to think they are mini coral stores and are businesses instead of enjoying the hobby and making friends

I completely agree. For every giveaway/pay it forward/trade post I feel like I see 100 for sale posts at prices equal to that of actual stores with, you know, actual overhead. It is too bad because now I feel like when I try to give away some corals or equipment, people always think there is a catch!

Still around, but have entertained the possibility of making some changes in the tank to make things less expensive or possibly pulling the plug alltogether.

Oh no Jim. :(

I dont know at this point what im going to do. So for now I will leave it as is.
I Am getting tired of things being fine for a few months then a couple large colonies just rtn. Dont know why it happens. Then to replace them the cost of stuff is just crazy.

Maybe the tank just needs a makeover but that would take me a weekend and is very difficult to do.

Anyone still around

No way Jim, but boating season is among us. What lights are you running now? I went back to halides and vho

Is your boat ready to go? Wife put the foot down on a boat this year, was working on a deal for 25' crownline cuddy

Last edited:
Jim your tank is awesome! You do great work! Very inspiring!

Thanks, its certainly not a disaster but it probably needs to be reworked and cleaned out a bit.

No way Jim, but boating season is among us. What lights are you running now? I went back to halides and vho

Is your boat ready to go? Wife put the foot down on a boat this year, was working on a deal for 25' crownline cuddy

The boat is not yet in the water 2-3 weeks from now. Trick is get her to go for a ride on the crown line, it will be a done deal:D Im still running Halide and LED. I dont think its a lighting problem, that hasnt changed in a couple years. How is your tank coming along?

Back to a few frags I picked up last weekend. I put some 10k bulbs in with vho. Everything test out good so hopefully now I can get back to a nice tank like yours again. Let me know if you are ever fragging.
a22ad9f37e0c7525e8e0b079088da19c.jpg

Thanks, its certainly not a disaster but it probably needs to be reworked and cleaned out a bit.

The boat is not yet in the water 2-3 weeks from now. Trick is get her to go for a ride on the crown line, it will be a done deal:D Im still running Halide and LED. I dont think its a lighting problem, that hasnt changed in a couple years. How is your tank coming along?

Buddy has a 26' rinker, he said come out all summer and next summer I will have one. Think his slip is by portage

Back