Anyone use a sun tunnel??

aadams22

I have been thinking about building some form of a reflective tube to direct sunlight from a nearby window to an hob refugium....anyone ever do this?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about building some form of a reflective tube to direct sunlight from a nearby window to an hob refugium....anyone ever do this?

Well, let me answer your question with two others. Exactly how much algea would you like in your tank and are you prepared to run a chiller full time? Those tubes can transfer a lot of light and heat.

Well, let me answer your question with two others. Exactly how much algea would you like in your tank and are you prepared to run a chiller full time? Those tubes can transfer a lot of light and heat.
I did not know that and I am not prepared to run a chiller. I was looking to have enough to remove nitrates

I did not know that and I am not prepared to run a chiller. I was looking to have enough to remove nitrates

I'm sorry, you mis-understand. Pumping highly concentrated sunlight into a tank will give you all sorts or nuance algae issues as well as raise the tank temp. Use a light designed for tanks to grow algae and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Back