Anyone use their Blackberry to run Aquarium App?

Briankook

Does anyone use an app. which runs on their BB to monitor their tank(s)?

I'm thinking of trying that. I want to be able to run an app anytime from my BB to see my current tank conditions. I aso want to be notified if something is going wrong...i.e. Temp above 84 degrees, etc...

I know there are Iphone solutions, but wondered about Blackberry.

Thanks!

Brian

Do you have a controller installed on your system with network capabilities? A local reefer has his tank programmed to his phone via text message from his controller. I believe there are several ways to go about it, but that is the only one I've actually seen done.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I do not have a controller (yet). I was wondering which one is compatible with the Blackberry.

I saw something similar to that with the I Phone.

I'd be interested in something like this also. I may try to figure out how to get my controller to text message me.

An indirect way to do this would be to simply run the app on a desktop and then use a remote desktop blackberry app and you can view anything your desktop can see. Check out RDM+ for blackberry as an example

I'd be interested in something like this also. I may try to figure out how to get my controller to text message me.

Most of the popular controllers (RKE, ACIII, Profilux, and others) can send text messages and e-mail alerts to any brand of phone.

I'm no apple fanboy. I don't own ANYTHING apple (nothing since my Apple IIe computer back in 1988). However, I am planning on caving and getting an iPhone next month. Basically because of the apps. There are many apps that will be useful for my work, not to mention apps like the OP wants for his blackberry are readily available.

I think in the next week or two my company will be giving me an iphone for work, so I will see if I can download some different apps for the tank on it. I would still be interested in seeing some for the BB though

I have an aquacontroller JR and use ACSerial2Web, which runs on a computer and is connected to my controller. I then port forward my router and I can see my parameters and turn things on and off remotely if I want.

The Aquacontroller III has a built in interface to do the same thing.

JPags

I'm no apple fanboy. I don't own ANYTHING apple (nothing since my Apple IIe computer back in 1988). However, I am planning on caving and getting an iPhone next month. Basically because of the apps. There are many apps that will be useful for my work, not to mention apps like the OP wants for his blackberry are readily available.

That's how the addiction starts. Trust me. I've been there :lol: you're gonna love love it.

Back