Anyone using Reef Brite lights only...

Imaexpat2

Anyone using Reef Brite lights only to light up their Stick Dominated tanks? If so how is that working out for you and whats your opinion on them?

I just ordered one Lumi-Lite Pro to run over one of my tanks as an experiment. It hasnt arrived yet but I am looking forward to see what kind of results I can expect to get out of it over my 20 gallon Nano. I am currently running 4 x 24" T5HO's over the tank now with 3 Actinics and 1 Blue Plus.

I was gonna try one out and see if it was enough or if I needed a second one to get adequate coverage. I thought about getting a second Tuna Blue A80 but even with it turned to max intensity I didnt think it was gonna provide enough PAR.

Well I have had the LumiLite Pro on the tank now for about 2 weeks. Just a single 24 inch Actinic fixture. So far things look good although I havent had a chance to check it with a PAR meter. One seems to be adequate over a mix reef but I will likely need a second one on a SPS dominated tank for optimal lighting and spread.

Back