Anyone want to buy siporax?

Thanks Rob.
No worries Mike, I shorted myself so anything not paid for by the time it arrives I am keeping. ;-) lol

We got an update. The siporax is scheduled to ship out on Monday. Coming from Europe and gong through customs will not be the quickest thing in the world but it is good to know its on its way. :)

Thank you to everyone that paid or who made arrangements for payment. Your siporax is in hand at Shauns in Tampa. I am trying to get over to his house Tuesday evening with a scale to divide everything up.
If you want to pick yours up in Tampa let me know today or tomorrow morning. Otherwise it will end up in Largo with me for pickup.

Thanks again to everyone that paid. If you guys want more let me know. Since some decided not to pay I am considering their orders void and will be getting myself back up to 10 liters like I originally wanted and the rest will be first come first serve but I do need to calculate what is left still.

Great news. This is all good timing as I will be upgrading my sump in the near future.
I suppose I'll just swing by largo one of these evenings.

This may be something for a new thread but I am wondering how exactly one would "properly" implement this product. I have not really used any manufactured media let alone this sintered glass. I have done a bit of reading on how others have used siporax and the are quite a few interesting solutions.

My goal is denitrification and I was thinking a "basket(s)" shielded from excessive flow in the sump would be a simple effective solution.

How do you plan to use this in your system?
To anyone who already has siporax, what is the best way you have found to utilize it?

Rob as said on FB last night I'll do Tampa pick up for sure. I'm out of town until Late Thursday night, but should be able to pick up on Friday.

To above post, I currently use in a reactor. Since I'm out of room in the reactor I'll probably pick up some basket from Target. I saw some really cool ones that I guy posted in the big thread in the sps forum.

I have some in a bag under some rock in my sump. I read through a whole long thread somewhere on RC and the bottom line was 100 gph across the media but good luck defining that.

Yeah Rich it is only possible with the new apex modules and sensors once they are released.
I am sure 1000gph would still work just not for denitrification.
Mine lay in my sump but I may have something built to hold them and pump water slowly through.

Back