Apex and Salinity Probe

Johnic

Premium Member
I’m thinking of getting the Apex unit and I’m tossed between the EL model or the more expensive version. I honesty dont want to control my whole take, I just want to monitor as I really dont trust the apex to control and power everything..

My question, if I get the more expensive Apex, is the salinity probe reliable?
I hear all sorts of issues with it.

I was going to buy the Apex controller, the probes and the 12v power supply...

Last edited:
I found it reliable enough if you can keep micro bubbles out of it.
As for what it might be good for: control the auto top-off. I actually found salinity to be a far more failsafe method for that then swimmers and most other level sensors, simply because the salinity probe will always fail on the safe side (no refill = no overflowing sump).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I found it reliable enough if you can keep micro bubbles out of it.
As for what it might be good for: control the auto top-off. I actually found salinity to be a far more failsafe method for that then swimmers and most other level sensors, simply because the salinity probe will always fail on the safe side (no refill = no overflowing sump).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for feedback.

go with EL. I know it is tempting to get salinity probe, but that is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. It is more trouble than it is worth.

go with EL. I know it is tempting to get salinity probe, but that is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about. It is more trouble than it is worth.

YA, I was eyeing that one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back