apex can't find my lunar sym module.Whats up with that?

saltbitten

I've been trying to hook up my lunar module for awhile now and I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I think it's hooked up right.I have the control line on the controller going from control to control in on the module. I have power to the module.I can manually hit the controller for that eb8 outlet and turn the sym on or off when I turn it on I get a second of lights and thats all .so I know it gets power I just can't seem to get it the commands.In the module the control address is set at A3 on the sym. anyone got any idea

It sounds like you mean the older LunarSim that connects to the control input on the Apex; it won'd 'find' it because the Apex can only find the aquabus devices. You will need to add it; go to the modules screen, add and choose LunarSim, enter the address you configured for the LunarSim and save.

If you mean the aquaBus version; then you need the latest firmware in the Apex.

thats where my problem is when I go to save it .it won't save.It doesn't show it on there at all as if it's not the module.

It won't show in modules, it will show in the 'outlets' list near the bottom of the modules page (it's a drop-down list) and it will appear in the outlets programming section.

To save, are you clicking the "Add Module" button at the end to the line where you select the LunarSim?

so what I'm doing is I go to module setup in the add module area I do lunar sim I'm now doing D4 in the address and hit the add module button to save then I look down at the module list below that and all it has is the display and my 2 eb8s in the list shouldn't it show up there.

No, it will not appear in the module list. After the procedure, you will have an additional outlet that you program to operate the lunar sum.

so what I'm doing is I go to module setup in the add module area I do lunar sim I'm now doing D4 in the address and hit the add module button to save then I look down at the module list below that and all it has is the display and my 2 eb8s in the list shouldn't it show up there.
You never really answered Ken's original response. Which lumar simulator are you using?

This is the legacy version:

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=40

This is the new aquabus version:

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=40

If you are using the legacy version, then as Ken and Schwaggs have already mentioned it won't appear as a module.

If you are using the aquabus version, then check to make sure you are running the latest firmware version. If you are current, then you may have a defective unit and should contact Neptune Customer Support: support@neptunesys.com

Todd

your right swearint I didn't it is the legacy version and I did look in the outlet area and there is an outlet there that says lunarsym_D4 so I'll try to do something there when I get home.So apperently if it's the aquabus it will show in the module list but not the legacy . I think I got it now.:wildone::deadhorse: thanks

Yeah... I found the same problem with mine. Can't believe that something so simple is so easily overlooked. :)

I actually like it better this way.

ok so now I have found the outlet :thumbsup: but none of my commands worked I would let you guys see my commands but I got ticked and deleted them last night :mad:so I'm open for some good sugestions on codes .I realy wish I knew what I was doing:headwalls:

The default lunar program is perfect in most cases; check the address, if that is incorrect commands will not work.

Make sure that the LS is actually on D4 - that will be all switches DOWN.

Also, check the connecting cable... look closely at one plug; there should be 4 wires in there, not 2 like in a normal phone cord.

this is the code set on my lunar_d4 outlet
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Time 02:00 to 17:00 Then OFF
If Moon 000/000 Then ON
the time is just set so I got time to work on it I'll change that when I get it up and running.
what I'm not sure of is do I need to make some virtual outlets for something here there has to be something I'm doing wrong I had got of the moon command once that didn't help I changed times I even got rid of the time command once .So far nothing works.I read all of the lunar sym instructions and read through the section in the unofficial guide .I have givin In to the fact that I can't get it to work other than the quick flash when I first plug it in.

I can't help directly with the lunar simulator since I don't have one. However, the code you posted is redundant. The Moon command generates both ON and OFF states, so it will override the two previous commands. Also, as this is the legacy version, Fallback will not work either.

Try using a simple OSC cycle and observe the status light on the LS. Does it blink? If not, then it is not receiving commands.

You said you checked the cable, but have you tried replacing it?

Did you buy this lunar sim used?

Todd

Back