Apex classic dashboard

top shelf

I have a previous thread about an issue with my display module being lit up but being blank and I am in the process of fixing.

I finally got access to my apex's IP address through apex flash utility. I have everything setup to update my firmware and hopefully help resolve the problem. Apex is connected to router, the status light is green, also have an orange light as well, laptop is connected to the router, firewall is disabled and ready to go. All I have to do is finish hitting update web pages and update firmware.

I wanted to try one other recommendation from slief first and get into the classic dashboard and just delete any extra display modules that may have been created then plug mine back in to see if that will wake it up. When I enter my IP address in the address bar all I get is cant find address. I have tried it on the laptop and my phone but neither can find it. Is this because I have never updated the apex since I set it up or is there another reason?

I am now nervous about trying to update anything since my apex is still functioning, I just cant do anything. I don't want to crash it by trying to update and have something go wrong.

I know patience is a must in this hobby but does anyone have some quick advice as to what I should do? I can work my apex but this kind of stuff is a little beyond me. Thank you to everyone in advance.

Neptune had great tech support. They can very quickly diagnose and fix these types of problems remotely. Go on their site and submit a request.

I did the other day, finally got my hands on a computer last night to try their suggestions. With work wasn't able to get to it till tonight. I emailed them again and hoping for more progress tomorrow.

When you down load the firmware program and run it it will find the IP address with the search fun - which I think you said you did.tion.
Be sure you are hard wired to the internet - no wireless and firewalls turned off.

If the display is blue screen try unplugging then plugging it back in to the Apex controller.

Depending on how the network is set up in Apex, Apex may change the IP address each time it starts up or reboots.

DCHP (in network settings) disabled to prevent IP address changes.

Different browser can cause issues. Try adding the port number to the IP address.

Should look something like this:

192.168.1.111:80

You are essentially adding :80 to the IP address of your Apex. Note that the IP address I used is just an example.

Back