Apex Help Needed

ReefWhatYouSow

So.... I've had my Apex linked to Fusion and for some reason it isn't connected any longer (which explains why I never received a text or email when my ATO overflowed). I ran through the steps to Link Apex to Fusion but it won't take my Link Token. I've tried to follow all online material and help but to no avail, here I am.

Is there any Apex gurus who might be around tomorrow (Sunday)?

I could really use some help with it and visually seeing what you do will help me learn how to use it better. There are other things that I need to set it up for but I can't make any changes at this time since it isn't linked.

Thank you in advance!
-Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you unable to log into fusion? mine is connected with a wireless gaming adapter and I cant tell you how many times a month it just loses connection. That's not what's going on with yours is it?

That might actually be it. I mean... Honestly I don't know but I know we set it up using a wireless gaming adapter. I can login to apex fusion (website) but it doesn't show any of my controls/programs etc. Instead it asks for me to link the two. And then it won't take the Link Token I put in.

I'm sorry but its been a long time since I went through that and I don't think I am going to be much help. Usually when there is an issue there is a diagnosis popup that gives you a list to troubleshoot, is it doing that for you? It's definitely strange if you were all set up and out of nowhere you need to use the token again. Were you doing a software update or anything?

Apex Help Needed

I'm sorry but its been a long time since I went through that and I don't think I am going to be much help. Usually when there is an issue there is a diagnosis popup that gives you a list to troubleshoot, is it doing that for you? It's definitely strange if you were all set up and out of nowhere you need to use the token again. Were you doing a software update or anything?

No. The websites said that I would not need to since my firmware is one of the later versions. I might need to restart it somehow? Kind of like a problem with a phone or computer.

Last edited:
Run a cable from your router to the apex and try again. Just in case.

+1 hardwire is always the best.and I noticed the updates require a hardline they note in there do not update by way of wireless...also note I was talking to a few reefers yesterday about this when there is a power loss which happens a lot to some the router takes up to a minute to reboot and you apex only takes about 15 seconds to reboot this causing your apex to not find or see a IP address then it stays that way not working for you and I ....unfortunately it looks like the only fix to this is batterybackups on you equipment and probably your router so there is never a loss in power or IP address. I too have had this happen to me where I came home to a problem I looked at my phone and I had no message because the loss of communications..I wish they had a better fix for this besides me spends more then a hundred on batterybackups

I have a battery backup with 2 eb8's. When one eb8 that is not on backup loses power everything shuts down except my circ pump on the other eb8.

+1 hardwire is always the best.and I noticed the updates require a hardline they note in there do not update by way of wireless...also note I was talking to a few reefers yesterday about this when there is a power loss which happens a lot to some the router takes up to a minute to reboot and you apex only takes about 15 seconds to reboot this causing your apex to not find or see a IP address then it stays that way not working for you and I ....unfortunately it looks like the only fix to this is batterybackups on you equipment and probably your router so there is never a loss in power or IP address. I too have had this happen to me where I came home to a problem I looked at my phone and I had no message because the loss of communications..I wish they had a better fix for this besides me spends more then a hundred on batterybackups

I have a battery backup with 2 eb8's. When one eb8 that is not on backup loses power everything shuts down except my circ pump on the other eb8.

One more thing I have to buy? Lol...

So if I connect it by hardwire do I have to leave it like that or is that just to connect it to fusion and then I can get rid of the wire. I ask because my tank is in a remote area nowhere near the router.

Hard wire is always better less problems such as a wireless router to program ....but wireless is fine and will work .they say to update your apex to have it only hardwired do not attempt it wireless ...I agree with you really I have to buy more stuff I.e. battery backup just to keep it running ....can someone write the code in the apex brain to have a IP reboot after say 2 minutes so as to give your router a chance to reboot .....if you have a chhance go to your apex head unit in the menu screen go down to system then down to net setup then down to restart and see if this reboots it up

Give it a minute after you do all those steps and then go back to menu then locate apexfusion: comm ok

You should only have to restart the apex unit when there is no comm ...I would not try to reprogram the unit every time with the link token you should only have to restart ...

Quick update.... Before I went to buy cable long enough to do the hardwire I restarted the apex unit in the fish room. I signed out and back in to apex fusion, and then obtained the link token and entered it into the fusion page online. It worked! While I still don't really understand a lot of what I am doing with it, I'm glad that I can login to make some adjustments at this time.

As Rob mentioned, battery backups will be a must. I'm sure that had something to do with this mess. It would be great to learn how to improve on how I use the unit; maybe some backup float switches and stuff.

Back