Apex Help- Tried to Update- Blue Screen

BeanMachine

I reset the factory settings in the APEX. Tried to update the firmware and now I have a blue screen on the display.

I have no idea what to do. I've tried unplugging the aquabus, the network cables, etc etc.

I can log into my router, and see the apex and its ip. But when I type it in the browser it doesn't go anywhere.

My laptop doesn't have an ethernet connection so not sure how to connect the brain directly to my laptop. Plus the manual instructions page 129 doesn't talk about having Windows 10.

In other words, I have a major headache. Please help.

connect the Apex to the router directly. I am assuming you did not connect to the router when you did your update and tried to do it wireless? i have never had this happen but try that and see what happens.

Is this a new Apex or Original?

With the Original connect to Apex using the Firmware update software. Have it locate the Apex on the network - It probably changed IP addresses when you reset.

Once you have the Firmware software linked to the Apex - Then resend he firmware and then reboot.

You might have to do this many many times.

Also once you have the firmware software up - it will tell you the new IP address of the Apex.

Dave B

Only do FW updates on apex with hard wire.

I still haven’t done the latest FW update on mine because according to the neptune forum, it still may be a little buggy.

You can get an Ethernet adapter for your laptop, they're like $15.

I had this same issue with my Apex, it took a good week to get it back from Neptune, $35 to fix.

Is your status light blinking on the controller module? If so, then I have dealt with this and can copy what Neptunes had me do here. Let me know/

Is your status light blinking on the controller module? If so, then I have dealt with this and can copy what Neptunes had me do here. Let me know/

Yeah it is blinking yellow. I got some more info from Neptune late last night, but will try again after work today. If you don't mind reposting here it that would be cool. Thanks. :beer:

The other night I was trying to restart my laptop in Safe Mode... I was holding F8... then I tried tapping it a boat load of times, but couldn't get it to start in Safe Mode. As you can tell I'm not well versed with computers LOL

Yeah it is blinking yellow. I got some more info from Neptune late last night, but will try again after work today. If you don't mind reposting here it that would be cool. Thanks. :beer:

The other night I was trying to restart my laptop in Safe Mode... I was holding F8... then I tried tapping it a boat load of times, but couldn't get it to start in Safe Mode. As you can tell I'm not well versed with computers LOL

Here you go buddy:

'm sorry to hear that your Apex status lights are blinking. Flashing status light means either your firmware and/or current configuration may have been corrupted. You'll need to attempt to reload the firmware to get it to a stable green light again.

You will need a Windows Computer to try the steps below.

To do this you'll need our latest firmware. Download that first using the link below.

http://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

Follow this procedure (Windows Only):

Power OFF your Apex by unplugging the AquaBus Cable or the EB8 (keep unplugged until setp 9)
Restart your computer in Windows safe mode with networking or turn off any virus and firewall software
Disable your wireless card
Ensure you connect your computer to your internet through hardwired cable connection
Open the Firmware Update Program
In the 'Network address' field put something similar to your default gateway (router) IP address. Click here for Help
For example, if you default gateway is 192.168.1.1 then make the network address 192.168.1.88
Click Update Firmware
After failed attempt 1 you should see an ARP Entry. Example Here
Plug your Apex in
Apex and computer should make a handshake at this time, if not try to power cycle your base unit again
You should see the Firmware Loading from 0 - 100%
Once that's complete all the status lights will stop blinking and return to Solid Green.
Now we will update the webpages. Click the 'Magnifying Glass Button' and select the APEX listed and press OK.
Update the web pages next.

Back