Apex users please read

29reef

It's all about the flow
Alex lite vs regular

So, before I post in the neptune forum to get the exact differences between the two products I'd like to know from users who have bought one or both of these controllers. Is the normal controller worth the extra $100 for the ph probe? From what I can tell they both contain almost the same features and ease of use.

I will be using the unit to switch my main lights, refugium lights, run my main pump, tunzes, emergency cooling(ranco does primary heating and cooling), and vortechs. I am planning on using a jbj ATO with a BM doser to complete my automation. Any comments and or suggestions to my system and anything pertaining to the controller will be very helpful! Thank you.

If you want to control your Tunzes, you will need the full Apex controller. On top of the ORP/extra ph port, it also has 4 dimmable ports. Those are used to control the Tunzes, or any other 0-10v controlled equipment. Vortechs you will need to add the wireless module.

Thanks Jim, do you own the regular or lite?

I was looking for people who own one or the other and what they thought about it. Like if they got the lite and wished they bought the normal or vice versa.

There is an Apex regular, lite, and jr?? Is lite Vs jr just 8 vs 4 outlets?

There is an Apex regular, lite, and jr?? Is lite Vs jr just 8 vs 4 outlets?

The Apex Jr is new, and due out next month I think. It is like the EB4 outlet, but with the actual controller and net inside the EB4. A couple of the websites that have news on new products have info on them. Not sure if there is a limit to modules that can be added.

Link...I think RC allows this site:
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/first-look-neptune-systems-new-apex-jr-controller

Thanks Jim, do you own the regular or lite?

I was looking for people who own one or the other and what they thought about it. Like if they got the lite and wished they bought the normal or vice versa.

I own the full/regualr one. I went with it because of Tunze control. I probably would have still gone with the full one regardless, simply because the 2nd ph port/ORP port and 4 dimmable ports are a good value, in case of future expansion. With LEDs becoming real popular, dimming is built right into it.

But if you are looking to save a few bucks now, all the features can be added into the Apex Lite with other modules like AquaSurf for Tunze or PM1/PM2 modules for ph, ORP, conductivity(not sure on the exact module tnames).

Back