April Meeting

srlumaye1

The April meeting will be at Bill Davis House on April 23rd, 1PM. Bill has recently set up a monster (looked to be 4' x 4') frag tank. Lots of Eye Candy!

Steve

6'x4'. It use to be mine. Bill got it when I closed up. It was the best tank I ever set up. I had fun with it.

I will be a guest at this one. Kris might come too.

Gooch

hi am steve form milwaukee and would like to join wrs. I emailed the yahoo group and check ther web site but no replys. I would like to come to the April Meeting but i dont no where it is.

you don't need to be a member to come to the meetings

but you need to be a member to get the Yahoo emails
for our group buys/specials

we are in the process of updating our web site
but the guy taking care of it has been super duper busy

we'll post an address and directions as the meeting gets closer

(it's on the NW side of Milwaukee for a rough location)

Steve414, and others...

Do not know what happened but yahoogroups does not have any info where you asked to join. Regardless, feel free to attend the April 23rd meeting.

As far as joining WRS; Dues are $25/year, prorated from Sept 1. Thus if you join on the 23rd, your current dues would be $12.50 for the rest of the term. June 1st the dues will be $31.25, which would cover the rest of this term, plus all next term.

Upon joining you will be issued an "ID" card that can be used at various local fish stores for discounts. You will also be allowed to join a yahoogroups forum which is similar to the RC forum, except communication is limited to paid members. It can be set up so that individual communications go directly to your email inbox, a daily digest can be sent to your email inbox, or you can just log into yahoogroups when you see fit.

There is 70% (a rough estimate!) more traffic on the yahoogroups forum, more immediate responses can be had, and is where all information on group buys / special orders/ club info will be found.

Membership is a requirement for special raffles/giveaways/etc. Free/heavily discounted frags can be had from some members also. In the past WRS has brought in guest speakers.

WRS is a non-profit group. I could go on about some of the other benefits not mentioned here, but stop in at a meeting and you will learn a lot more...

Steve

Bill hasnt posted it yet, and time is running out...so without the intent of stepping on Bill's toes....

Bill said he wanted to make the theme of the April meeting a 'Rummage' sale. That means all those old lighting fixtures, old skimmers that are collecting dust, pumps, hydrometers, Maxi-Jets, Mag-Drives, frag tanks, etc...BRING EM ON OVER! And for the rest of us, bring some cash!

That 6' x 3' x 14" h vat was a motha' to set up. He and I ended up hauling all the old 60g rubbermaid vats up the steps and outside to dump...with sand and some water still in. That vat full of southdown was almost too heavy to lift, let alone get it up the stairs.

Bill also wanted to have a DIY theme. I am bringing something DIYish for Rick Boyd to try out, and I was going to bring some other DIY things (besides some old PC fixtures) as well. If any of you have diagrams/pics/examples of DIY skimmers, kalk reactors, Ca reactors, auto-top-offs, stream modded pumps, lights, etc...bring em on over.

I know I could use some used/new aragonite-southdown-crushed coral for making more aragacrete...

Last edited:
Here is was a few days into the new setup...
101919Bills_sneak_preview.JPG

jon, when i take down my 35g and get my 90, i will take the CC out, and use it for making LR...

Will there be an address posted where this meeting will be held, and what area are the meetings usually held at?

K-Dubbs

Back