Aquaforest Aminomix/Vitality Vs Purigen

marinenoob888

Folks, I am adding AF vitality and amino mix for my pulsing zenia to the tank. but I also have purigen added in my tank. would purigen filter out AF doses?? and make it ineffective?

While I’m far from an expert on this, Purigen is not designed to remove trace elements. However since aminos and vitality are organic compounds (I believe), I would think the Purigen would likely remove it as it is designed to remove organics from the water.

While I’m far from an expert on this, Purigen is not designed to remove trace elements. However since aminos and vitality are organic compounds (I believe), I would think the Purigen would likely remove it as it is designed to remove organics from the water.
A very stupid question here...would organic compounds be considered as trace elements?

A very stupid question here...would organic compounds be considered as trace elements?
Not a stupid question as the answer is as clear as mud. So the answer is yes and no. It is my understanding that trace elements themselves are not organic compounds however organic compounds often contain trace elements.

When I talk about trace elements (which isn’t often lol) I’m talking individual elements like calcium, magnesium, iron, etc. I would imagine the vitality and aminos would contain trace elements, however I think the compound itself would still get trapped by the Purigen. I hope this helps!

Not a stupid question as the answer is as clear as mud. So the answer is yes and no. It is my understanding that trace elements themselves are not organic compounds however organic compounds often contain trace elements.

When I talk about trace elements (which isn’t often lol) I’m talking individual elements like calcium, magnesium, iron, etc. I would imagine the vitality and aminos would contain trace elements, however I think the compound itself would still get trapped by the Purigen. I hope this helps!
Thanks for your time and explaination

Back