Aquafuge PS modifications - any at all?

rsteagall

Hopefull I haven't missed these, but I have a Aquafuge PS "Small" and was wondering if there are any modifications to this refugium + skimmer. Specifically, I'm wondering if there is any way to increase the amount of bubbles and/or make them finer and more efficient.

Please share your modifications if any at all.

Thanks!
Ryan

Would you be so kind as to direct me to one you might recommend?

On a side note, I called CPR and they suggest totally replacing the mj1200 thats on it every 12 months. What do you think about that? Rubbish?

There is absolutely no reason why you should have to replace the MJ1200 every 12 months. All you would need to do is take the pump out and clean it.

As for the needle wheel pump. Go to http://customaquatic.com and search for needle wheel. The GenX PS-PCGX-1000-NW pump comes to mind as the GPH is close to the MJ1200.

D.

Thanks, I'll look at it and take some measurements. On the CPR, it just has a rigid pipe that the MJ1200 connects to with no connecting tube or adapter. It simply slides inside the pipe that leads outide the tank to the CPR. I'd have to figure out a way to connect this pipe to the GenX.

Back