Aquarium Record Keeping

caribfan

Is anyone using a program or app to help with record keeping for their aquariums.

I would love something that would keep track of how long I have had each fish, when I use certain supplements, something that would allow me to enter individual water test results, etc.

I currently have a bunch of scribbles in who knows how many notebooks.

I have setup a free site at aquarium-data.com. I started asking for user input in the reef 2 reef forums under the chemistry section just search for my name. You can read the whole thread yada yada. I like feedback so that I can update the code as needed so yea...

Also it only records water params since I felt that was the focal point of the site. The other extras are nice but I can do it later. I know there is one odd behavior with the site in that it sometimes does not show an entry that you provide. I have not had time to fix it due to being out of town but I do know that the data does actually get entered you just need to refresh the page. Well if you do choose to try it out let me know

Mike

I use "My Aquarium Logger"
It's ok, allows you to graph parameters, include pics of live stock, equipment, log water changes etc.

Thanks Dre59, I might try that out. It's 5.99, but got 19 5 star reviews. Do you use it currently?

I just started using it as another member pointed me to this app.. So far it's doing good. Might try the one link above also

Thanks for all the input from everyone, I think I may dabble in all of it to see what I like the best. I am still kind of in the stone age, as I don't have a droid or iPhone yet. My stupid company was just in love with Blackberry and has finally gone the iPhone route, but my contract isn't due for an upgrade yet.

Does anyone know if any of these sites or apps are compatible with any of the controllers, like the Apex for example. I have some engineering tendencies that cause me to love data management and trending, my wife thinks i'm a gigantic nerd -she's right of course. I don't have a controller yet, but will soon and want whichever app/program I use to be compatible and have that data logging capability. I'll be sure to post back with what I find and like.

Thanks again for the input!

I use aquaPlanner Pro, which I think was $2.99. It doesn't work with my Apex, but the Apex has its own app. They have a video on their website showing some of the functionality.

Speaking of my Apex, I really need to get that thing up and running. It's been sitting in my closet for about a month because I've been traveling for work so much lately I haven't had time to do anything with the darn thing. :)

I'm messing around with programming a google doc spreadsheet. It has a pretty comprehensive API and can be accessed from anywhere.

I have been able to read RSS feed from my reef keeper. I'm positive I can also connect to apex. So when I enter test results it will grab temp, ph, and salinity from my probes. I have graphs of all parameter as well.

I also have a scheduler that reminds me daily to do tasks such as to clean pumps, recalibrate probes and water changes. This really helps me stay up with maintenance and keeps fiddling to a minimum.

Aqua Planner Pro work great. It is for iPhone and iPad and stores the data on iCloud. So you enter on one device and can pull up the same info another device. It allows. For logging of multiple aquariums. It also alerts you to needed water test, water changes, bulb replacment. It has a nice data base for fish and corals.

Aqua Planner Pro

Aqua Planner Pro

I am going to go download this now. I beleive someone should write a good app for computer. Which will allow you to enter and graph without having to download to excel and then do it manually. Hopefully this app is better.

Back