Aquarium Underwater footage

Nice Vid Eros. Now that has me thinking, I have seen several and even taken my own in tank vids. The noise of the pumps!!! Could this noise be an issue for our fish??? Corals?? Its very loud. I am a scuba diver and have never heard anything like that on a reef. You might hear a boat or waves but the droning of our pumps is 10Xs louder then anything I have come across under water. Maybe I will make a post on the forum about this but watching your vid just reminded me about this. I wonder if the noise has something to do with things like Ick and other fish issues as we always talk about stress. How long could anyone of us put up with that noise?

Thanks buddy. I myself have thought about that. I encourage you to make a post on it. You dony hear the pumps outside the tank but once submerged, its a bit overpowering. Imagine being a fish hearing that 24/7 while up and sleeping. My guess is that its stressful but they get accustomed to it after a while. Is there a such thing as silent powerheads?

Great video, I will guess that the noise becomes what we called "white noise" for the fish

Thanks. I did a littlw google search on it and its been in tooic previously... may cause stress. Im curious to know more

Back