Aquascape Question

vincemo22

Can you use the plastic window blinds rod as a rod to hold rock together? Anything that can seep from that plastic?

Anyone have any negative experiences using quickcrete hydraulic cement for the rock?

Thanks!

I used the orange fiberglass rod from lowes. No ill affects just had to cover up some orange spots with putty. I don't think the window blind rod would have a negative affect, but they are not very strong. I set the fiberglass rod into pvc pipe and would have a hard time trying to break it.

Never tried that cement, but looks like it has potential for chemical additives.

Can you use the plastic window blinds rod as a rod to hold rock together? Anything that can seep from that plastic?

Anyone have any negative experiences using quickcrete hydraulic cement for the rock?

Thanks!

Almost ANY store bought cement will skyrocket your PH levels. It needs to be cured before use just like any other rock.

I have used those green tomato rods from Home depot to structure rock. They are plastic coated metal tubes. Just don't bend them and crack the plastic.

Back