Are these eggs, baby Clown Fish, or something else?

elpez930

I just noticed my female clown was acting strange and rubbing her nose against some strange jelly looking things clinging to the side if a rock under the anemone my 2 clowns host in.

It's difficult to get an up close focused photo but they appear a shade of brown and slightly transparent with silver little spots in each individual node.

If they are eggs or fry I didn't realize they could stick uniformly to the side of a rock like this.

Should I try to scrape them off and put in a separate tank or just let nature run its course in my tank? Im sure my other fish would love to munch on some clownfish fry.

I've seen these weird jelly nodes once before but didnt realize they might have been eggs since they looked so unusual.

Any advice or help IDing these would be appreciated. I'll try to get some better photos as well.
Thanks

another pic...Hopefully you can see them

Attachments

• 20170416_203017.jpg
    20170416_203017.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
Yup, those look like eggs that are a least a week along. They normally hatch in 10-14 days depending on the temp. They won't hatch if you scape them off, they need the leverage of the attachment point to break out of the egg. I don't know why they need it and not other fish, maybe it has to do with the shape of the egg.
Raising the babies is a whole different story.

they disappeared today. not sure if they hatched, were eaten, or what?

i wouldnt imagine my fierce clowns would let anything near them as they love to attack anything that comes close and rule the tank.

My pair lay at least once a month. I thought the same about transferring them and then read how to raise clowns and it is a very time consuming and tedious task..didn't seem worth the time and effort and extra money

Back