Armor of God Zoas- no color on new growth

solid14th

I have a frag of Armor of God zoas that is growing, but all the new growth has no color. They are just brown. All the original zoas have their coloring.

My tank is a 120 with 2, 175 watt halides. I originally had them on the sand bed, but have moved them up so they are now 2/3 of the way from the top.

I only feed my fish every day, no other supplemental feeding.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Try to feed the tank with liquid invert food. Not too much!
They will eventually come with the colors after a while. Don´t play with the colony too much. Try to keep temperature at 79 or 80 and the water chemistry without major fluctuations. Do not add too much additives, if you don´t need. Try to leave the tank alone, without additives, for 4 days to a week.
Make sure you feed the fishes and skimm as much needed (do not overskim).
It will be ok...

Thanks Grandis. My temp stays between 79 and 80 and I only dose 2 part (until I get my calcium reactor on line). I'll pick up some liquid invert food next time I'm at my LFS.

Mine are doing great but I think it might be because I feed my tank a large variety of food... almost some type of reef chili

Thanks Trevor, I have some homemade food from someone in my reef club, it has a lot of different stuff in it). I'll give that a try too.

Back