Asmo's New 180 Reef Tank Build

asmodyus

Figure I'd make a new thread on my new 180 progression.

c2bba4bf03be3ad2034e0eab973b8df7.jpg

Here it is dry

So here is the 120 I am transferring from.

bda88a8632fe6e865739ba062912be9c.jpg

So just spent 130 dollars today on plumbing might have gone over board will see when its put together.

Nice tank, thats the size i want and i just realize it after bought a used 150 and start cycling smh lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad that's not going overboard plumbing is expensive especially when u wanna do it right for a tank that size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the canopy on ;)

Plumbing is my favorite part of a tank build.

Can't wait to see the progress!

Aaron

So here is an updated picture got the take stable and all livestock. I did end up losing my rather large clam.

Still waiting on the Hood and have not gotten around to plumbing it ( little overwhelmed with the move and I keep procrastinating).
b82669c745e6bf8363ef377376ac4df9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Also need a new skimmer want to try to stay under 400 any recommendations? Looking at simplicity 320 w/ DC Pump and newer Aqua Excel EC30 Protein Skimmer w/ DC Pump

Last edited:
So I have Dilemma I really don't want a Anemone tank but it looks like my bubble tips or forcing me to unless I sell my main rock.

Also the rock has a lot of holes and the Anemone feet are all inside so removing them is almost impossible for me.

I will upload a better picture in a bit.

Last edited:
So I have Dilemma I really don't want a Anemone tank but it looks like my bubble tips or forcing me to unless I sell my main rock.

Any idea on if I can find a rock that big and what would it be worth with all those Anemone.

Also the rock has a lot of holes and the Anemone feet are all inside so removing them is almost impossible for me.

I will upload a better picture in a bit.
Here a picture of my anemone rock

1c8c74c920c8b3c684fcdcc190db9d21.jpg

Any idea on if I can find a rock that big and what would it be worth with all those Anemone.

Question I have a Jebao DCP Sine Wave Water Return Pump that can be used inside or outside water.

My question is Should I drill a whole in my sump for external us or use it in sump but loose my larger middle chamber that was for a refugium or anything else I wanted to use it for.

this is pretty much what the sump looks like. If I drill the whole it would be were return pump is suppose to go which is in the small chamber on the right corner of the sump. Since its to small for my pump I would have to put in the middle chamber or drill.

14254212121__66703.1491845225.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
Keep it internal if you're sticking the the jebao. If you get s better pump drill the hole. It's easy to drill but I wouldn't trust the jebao to not leak. I got s brand new jebao about a year ago to run external and when hooked up it had a small hairline fracture in the volute that would leak. Ended up using I internal instead. I wouldn't trust another one even if it didn't leak initially because of that

Keep it internal if you're sticking the the jebao. If you get s better pump drill the hole. It's easy to drill but I wouldn't trust the jebao to not leak. I got s brand new jebao about a year ago to run external and when hooked up it had a small hairline fracture in the volute that would leak. Ended up using I internal instead. I wouldn't trust another one even if it didn't leak initially because of that

Okay I still might go external just because of the way I want to plumb it if I go internal I will not have the room to run off lines form the return for the reactors. Since I'm just using a 36" sump.

So tank plumbing was finished last week here are some pictures.
27d3a0e2f1fbb5f4c3eefe2258d07889.jpg
2e310cd1835c64fc44ec72d9e0fae73c.jpg
a7ac8f1dcd3377519eec33118e9b9d8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Pic of the pump

a3f8d0244fef6dd2a78a253c72afe505.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back