ATI Bulb Placement Question

aries426

I just got my ATI SunPower 6x24w non dimmable fixture today for my 24x24x12 30g Deep Blue Rimless. For bulbs I got 3 Blue Plus, 1 Purple Plus, 1 Atinic and 1 Coral Plus. A friend of mine who has an ATI fixture told me to place them front to back as follows- Blue, Atinic, Purple, Coral, Blue and Blue. I have mostly zoa's, lps and a little sps as of now. Does anyone have any suggestions on good placement, I know it can be a matter of opinion but would like to get some ideas. I have it 7" AWL right now.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

It's always up to what u like. Put them in any order u want.....If u don't like how it looks, change them around until u find the right pattern. Buy extra color bulbs so u can swap them out too.

I assume your able to turn on and off sets of bulbs ?
Meaning, the front and back bulb will run on one ballast and the rest on another.

Ok, that's what I thought.
I like to use those two slots for a blue plus and the actinic.
I would have them turn on an hour or so before the rest of the lights come on than have them be the last ones to turn off. Kind of a sunrise sunset effect.

That's how I have it a Blue Plus and Atinic for 1 ballast and 2 Blue Plus, Purple Plus and Coral Plus. I can play around with the coloring but I was not sure if there was an ideal way to have them in a certain order.

That's how I have it a Blue Plus and Atinic for 1 ballast and 2 Blue Plus, Purple Plus and Coral Plus. I can play around with the coloring but I was not sure if there was an ideal way to have them in a certain order.

Not really, its up to you.

Do you think it would be more beneficial to get rid of either the Coral+ or Atinic for another Blue+?

Here's how I run them on my 6 bulb ATI

Front
Blue +
Purple +
Blue +
GE 6500
Blue +
Blue +

It gives me a nice 14k look when they're all on and one Blue+ and the Purple+ are for sunrise/sunset.

Back