Ati led t5 hybrid fixture

rogergolf66

im an addict lol
Has anyone used these or seen them in person? I am thinking of lighting the new display with the 4x75 led pucks in the middle of the 8x60w t5 bulbs. It's very pricy but looks to be best option.

Roger

there is a bunch down here. Looks same as sunpower in look size wise runs pretty darn cool from what I have seen in person. The growth is very impressive also in the tank I have seen, if I didn't get such a good deal on a Spectra I would have gone for one. Great deal on the one you looking at assuming its the ATI 2nd chancers. Mike's tank is what is pictured.

Attachments

• mike1.jpg
    mike1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mike2.jpg
    mike2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
Friend of mine got one and it was junk. Junk means a couple issues. Sent back for repair. When he got it back they damaged it and something else didn't work. He got tired of it and returned it to go a different direction. Hopefully they have fixed the issues he had.

I've seen one in person on an unbelievable sps thank, and it's was in the process of being taken down for a SunPower. Save the money and get a regular fixture.

Shoot, I am sorry. Now I think that was a Geisemann. The last issue was one led channel wouldn't fire. Sorry about the confusion.

Maybe look at build my led strips?

I have been looking at them for months. I would need around 3 of them so $1,500 for just the led sup then still need to purchase the t5 stuff. They also don't have the resale valve if I ever wanted to sell them. The Ati stuff holds value better. No saying the build my led are not good. It is an option I am thinking about.

Check out pacific sun hybrids. Much better spectrum from the leds. The ati only uses 3 colors of useful leds, the Pacific sun uses a lot more. Basically they take their full spectrum led only unit and add t5 to it. So you could remove the t5 and still have a stand alone led only fixture. If you removed the t5 from the ati your coral would not be happy with their led selection only. I know someone in the Tampa forum here uses them, can't remember his name though.

Roger, I don't know how much the ATI units cost, but you could get some radions and then use modular T5 units on either side and potentially save some money.

No matter what way you go, it's never cheap to light an 8' tank.

Roger, I don't know how much the ATI units cost, but you could get some radions and then use modular T5 units on either side and potentially save some money.

No matter what way you go, it's never cheap to light an 8' tank.

That is one of the 8 options I have on paper. The Ati is cheeper then 3 gen 3 radios pro. What u mentioned was the plan but then I found this Ati that's why asking c if I can save $500 or so

These ATI units look pretty awesome. I don't know how good they are but by looking at the specs, I think they are solid and should put out a bunch of light on your tank. If you do go with it, I would be curious to find out how they do long term.

Good luck. Following along for the experience.

No problem Roger. I didn't see the part about trying to keep the cost down. Did you consider just running a regular powermodule and adding some led strips? Rapidled has diy kits far cheaper than bml or reefbrite. I just got a kit from them (all royal blue in my case) to add to some t5 retros, and since they're diy I'll be able to run them up to 1.3 amp.

Also Roger the cheaper route is get the dimmable 8 bulb 60" and guy your t5's and get some Euroquatic LED bulbs,less wattage but same or greater par per bulb. and they are warrantied for like 5 + yrs (the LED bulbs)

I just bought the lights for my 8' tank. I went with 4 Kessil 360WE and T5 retro fits (8 bulbs @ 54w). And since they are individual components, its easy to swap or upgrade different parts. Cost wise its very comparable.

Would you get the 60" powermodule?

Yes

No problem Roger. I didn't see the part about trying to keep the cost down. Did you consider just running a regular powermodule and adding some led strips? Rapidled has diy kits far cheaper than bml or reefbrite. I just got a kit from them (all royal blue in my case) to add to some t5 retros, and since they're diy I'll be able to run them up to 1.3 amp.

Yes it's an option for sure.

Also Roger the cheaper route is get the dimmable 8 bulb 60" and guy your t5's and get some Euroquatic LED bulbs,less wattage but same or greater par per bulb. and they are warrantied for like 5 + yrs (the LED bulbs)

Yes I wouldn't even go dimable.

I just bought the lights for my 8' tank. I went with 4 Kessil 360WE and T5 retro fits (8 bulbs @ 54w). And since they are individual components, its easy to swap or upgrade different parts. Cost wise its very comparable.

The Kessil is an option too down the middle then 4t5 front and 4 t5 behind the Kessil. If I go with a retro fit type. Doesn't really save much cash compared to the Ati that's why I was looking at it clean look less diy work for sure.

Roger, those ATI hybrids look pretty nice but for that kind of money I'm not a fan of their choice of LEDs in each cluster. For that kind of money you could buy 2 ATI 60" 4x80 and run them side by side with 3 radions running in the middle of the 2 fixtures. I like the idea of running 6-8 AI primes in between the two 4x80w t5 fixtures even better and you could control each one independently via your phone. I get excited just thinking about seeing a set up like that...lol

Back