Ati or Aquanitics

mchud

I am getting ready to purchase a new light for a mixed reef 90 im putting together. Im between a Solarflare or a PM 6 bulb. What do you think will be the better choice? Thanks for the help

Ive owned both--ATI all the way. The performance will be comparable, even though the SF is overdriven. The Powermodule is MUCH quieter than the Solar Flare(the fans are annoying as anything). The ATI also looks better and is considerably cheaper.

I was able to get a great price on a solar flare. $200 cheeper. looks arent that important it is going in a hood. more worried about output. both seem like great lights. but decisions. thanks for the replies

of the two if its cheaper might as go with the SolarFlare, its a very good fixture; but as mentioned if it is in a hood, retro's would be a very good option, maybe even better since you would control where the fans would be placed. If you went with ATI you would need to to also leave enough room to the top of the hood as the PM's fans are on top of the fixture, and they draw cool air in.

I did not want to deal with retro's i just want to set it up and go. I ordered the ATI yesterday. I know being lazy. lol.

And i might take the hood off i like the looks of the tank with no hood. So with a complete light it left it open if i did not like the hood. Thanks for your help. And i will post some pics as i get everything up.

Back