Ati Reference solution to calibrate test kits

As long as it's kept at room temperature, it should be fine, although water will evaporate over time, raising the concentration. I suspect you'll be fine as long as you keep the solution closed as much as possible.

As long as it's kept at room temperature, it should be fine, although water will evaporate over time, raising the concentration. I suspect you'll be fine as long as you keep the solution closed as much as possible.

According to the Ati Solution, my Red Sea Mag test kit is 87ppm over the Ati set solution, and the Hanna Checker is 3ppm over the Ati set solution.

I just don't know what to believe, if it's a good idea to use this solution or take for granted the reading on the test kit is nearest damn it and don't chase the numbers?

https://www.reefcentral.com/forums/images/smilies/headwally.gif

How old is the Red Sea kit? 87 ppm off is a bit more than I'd like, but it's probably acceptable.

Which Hanna Checker are you using?

How old is the Red Sea kit? 87 ppm off is a bit more than I'd like, but it's probably acceptable.

Which Hanna Checker are you using?

The Red Sea kit I bought on the 15th July 2020 but only just started using it in replacement of the salifert kit

The Alk is the Hanna checker DKH HC-HI772 .

3 ppm off for alkalinity is a small error. I wouldn't worry. The magnesium result is a bit disappointing, but close enough for aquarium usage. Of course, the solution might be off, but I suspect the test kit is more likely to have an issue. You could try getting another opinion, though, if you are worried. If you target 1350 ppm, the magnesium level should be fine (1250-1350 ppm) no matter which one is correct.

Back