ato options

new2sw776784

Ok so i am running a 10 gallon tank with a 4in piece of pvc cut in half and a hob filter i am going to convert to a fuge and i dont think i will be able to get a float switch down in the pipe. Does anyone have any suggestion on what to use in this situation

I sorta have a similar situation. Instead os a float switch, I went with a dosing pump route. Bulk reef supply has a 50ml/min dosing pump. It costs a little more than a couple of float switches and a pump, but worth it.

With switches, theres a worry of them failing and possibility of an overflowing tank.

How much evap r u experiencing? This is prob goin to be the route i take as well a dosing pump cost the same as a jbj top off kit. Thanks for your input

My tank evaporates roughly 1000-1200mls a day. Thats with a protein skimmer and a fan blowing across the water surface.

Why don't you use something with a compact sensor like an avast marine or tunze osmolator? Very small in tank footprint on either, especially if you custom make a bracket. And you also don't run the risk of evaporation changes leading to too little or too much water in the tank.

I am looking at all options at this point and i dixnt know about the ones you just mentioned until now that looks like it may work for me thanks for the info.

Back