ato question

carlos413

I was looking at the site ato.com and they have some ato set ups for very good price . I was wondering if i get one of there ato units could place a 5 gallon bucket under my tank hook the ato system up to it just for ato? The reson for this is that I dont have a sump and I like to not have to do top off manually as I have been.

They sell a tank mount lower profile one that would work for you just fine. Just a heads up, don't submenrge the ATO water line in your tank....you will get a siphon. Not that its happened to me or anything :).

They sell a tank mount lower profile one that would work for you just fine. Just a heads up, don't submenrge the ATO water line in your tank....you will get a siphon. Not that its happened to me or anything :).

So the water line needs to drip the water on to the dt? dont submerge the water line? Iwas thinking of getting the one with two float valves on it for added safety. Whats the name of the one you recommend ?
thanks for the help.
I think there site is down, my browser cant load the site : (

Yeah couldn't load it either. Where the topoff water goes into your display tank, just watch that a siphon cannot form, it could drain some of your tank into the top off reservoir when the topoff pump shuts off. Not sure on the name, but it says tank mount kit. I believe there is one with 2 floats ......

Back