August Meeting, BBQ/Frag Swap

returnofsid

Our meeting next month (August) will be a BBQ & Potluck - bring chair, a dish, and some $$ for frags and raffle tickets! Clear your calendar now, and reschedule your camping trips!

Michael (returnofsid)(That's me lol) will be hosting at his home, let's all hope he knows how to BBQ.

Everyone is invited, even kids.

We will start around 3 PM and just work on into the evening.

Michael will be donating a frag pack to raffle off, and we may have a few other raffle items as well. We will also have a stock tank setup so if you have any frags you would like to bring to swap or sell, feel free to bring them along!

Now - If you are attending, please post here and tell us what you are bringing, that way we don't end up with 18 potato salads Smiley

Choices and ideas of things to bring:
Drinks - pop, juice, etc.
Chips - the crunchy kind
Salads - green, potato, macaroni, fruit
Condiments - ketchup, mustard, pickles, mayo
Snacks & finger food - veggie trays, cheese sticks, olives
Utensils - paper plates, cups, forks, spoons

or anything else you think of!

This is going to be A LOT of fun!!! We'll have a pool set up for the kiddies and a "pool" set up for frags!! It'll actually be a stock tank.

We have 10 lawn chairs.

Menu will include burgers, hotdogs and german sausages. I think we'll have basic condiments covered.

I've heard from someone, who will be bringing Xenia and Kenya Tree frags.

Let's not forget new members, who may be just starting out in the hobby and not have any corals to trade, nor a lot of money to spend. We all remember how that is!!

We will be donating 1 frag of Bob Moore's Blue Stag, for a club raffle. This will be separate from the "frag pack" raffle that we'll also put together.

For those of you who never met Bob Moore, myself included, he had an extensive history in helping get our hobby really going in the Pacific Northwest. He mentored the idea of "Pay it Forward." I'll go into more detail, of Bob Moore, the legend, and this particular coral, at the meeting.

Ooops, I guess supplying the date would help, huh? I'd thought it was in the title. The meeting will take place, August 14th.

Back