Auto Water Change and Temperature

Tamw1se

For those of you that have your water stations in the garage and do auto water changes do you have issues with the water temperature? Do you utilize a chiller to maintain the temperature in the tank or is the volume changes small enough that there is minimal impact to the tank temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends how you have your auto water change system setup. If you are using a apex dosing system or litermeter, it can be setup so that it does small increments throughout the day, and the temperature has little to no impact. I have an apex DOS system doing my automatic water changes and it does about 4 gallons per day, and I see no affect on temperature.

I have a litermeter 3 that I'm thinking about using. I would be doing about 3.5 gallons a day.

I'm assuming you would be doing the water changes on your 265. If that's the case, you're changing out about 1% of your volume every day - temperature doesn't really matter, even if you do it all at once.

I do somewhat infrequent 50 gallon water changes on my 90, and even then I have no issues with water temperature coming from the garage.

I have a litermeter 3 that I'm thinking about using. I would be doing about 3.5 gallons a day.

The liter meter divides out that 3.5 gallon per day water change into 150 small water changes. U will have no issues with temp caused from the water change water being in the garage.

Back