Back after 7 years..... Nano 10g

I considered this setup at one point for a 40 breeder. I just 3d printed a large overflow box with the intention of the canister intake, heater and ATO all being out of view in it. I still have the stuff, maybe I'll get back to it at some point.

Got everything stable and my ghetto anti evap cover setup for now and the cheap ATO works perfect. Going to drop the first fish in today.

Attachments

• IMG_2916.JPG
    IMG_2916.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2917.JPG
    IMG_2917.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
First guy in, about 1". Seems to be doing well after 24 hours, eating and swimming around chasing his food.

Attachments

• IMG_2918.JPG
    IMG_2918.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2921.JPG
    IMG_2921.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 24
Little update, Tank is doing well and I'm getting some nitrates so that's a good sign. I'm doing a dark cycle so I don't have any diatoms or algae. Next week will be 4 weeks so looking to get a light on the tank. I have been thinking about the kessil A80 but wondering if that would give enough coverage and light. I have been looking at the new Aqua Illumination Blade Smart grow and glow combo and thinking 1 each of those in the 12" would be prefect. any input from you guys ? I want that kessil shimmer tho.

Little update, Tank is doing well and I'm getting some nitrates so that's a good sign. I'm doing a dark cycle so I don't have any diatoms or algae. Next week will be 4 weeks so looking to get a light on the tank. I have been thinking about the kessil A80 but wondering if that would give enough coverage and light. I have been looking at the new Aqua Illumination Blade Smart grow and glow combo and thinking 1 each of those in the 12" would be prefect. any input from you guys ? I want that kessil shimmer tho.

I'd like to see some blades in action. No stores up here even have them yet. Seems like there's been some complaints of shoddy QC and inconsistent spectrum on the blades. This thread tells a lot of the concerns.

AquaIllumination Blade Announced

It's probably best to wait until the early adopters get all the kinks worked out.

I'd like to see some blades in action. No stores up here even have them yet. Seems like there's been some complaints of shoddy QC and inconsistent spectrum on the blades. This thread tells a lot of the concerns.

AquaIllumination Blade Announced

It's probably best to wait until the early adopters get all the kinks worked out.
Good info thanks for that, I'm leaning towards 2 A80's my tank is a 10 gallon 20x10x12

Well I thought I had it figured out but then I found this. Red Sea Reef 50 has a nice app to play with.

Attachments

• IMG_2991.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2992.JPG
    IMG_2992.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2990.PNG
    IMG_2990.PNG
    576.3 KB · Views: 16
So kinda confused on my cycle, I show some Ammonia and then its gone, no nitrite or nitrate, anyway I'm really liking the light. I have some slime growing on the rubber suction cup too.

Attachments

• IMG_3020.JPG
    IMG_3020.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3019.JPG
    IMG_3019.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 19
Decided to replace the ghetto cling wrap and get a glass top cut. The tank came with clear clips so it was easy to put the glass in and its hardly visible.

Attachments

• IMG_3021.JPG
    IMG_3021.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3022.JPG
    IMG_3022.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
So I had a business trip for 6 weeks but I'm back and got the tank all cleaned up. It ran for 9 weeks without a water change or cleaning. It was nasty to say the least but it only took a week and 2 50% water changed to get it clean. I also upgraded the filter to the aqua clear 50 for more flow, I have a small powerhead to help the build up on the sand and the surface moving. So stock is just a clown, 3 hermits and 2 nassarius snails. The ATO is still working fine but need to fill every 2 or 3 days as it's only 16oz.

Attachments

• IMG-3728.jpg
    IMG-3728.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG-3729.jpg
    IMG-3729.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG-3727.jpg
    IMG-3727.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG-3726.jpg
    IMG-3726.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
Thinking about adding a neon goby, dottyback or damsel next, I'm not having any issues with levels besides a low PH that was 7.8 the other day. I just need to add a HOB protein skimmer or something to add air into the system, that's my next project. any idea's would be appreciated.

Back