bad experience with PetSolutions.com

rufus6642

Im not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I just wanted to share my story and maybe save someone else the headache ive had the past couple days. I recently decided to try Petsolutions for ordering a magenta stunner strip for my tank. The strip ended up not giving as much pop as i had hoped it would so i decided to return it. They dont include return labels, so to ship it according to the instructions cost $15, on a $65 item. Seriously not worth it. So i wasnt exactly happy with the company but when they had free shipping on livestock decided to give them one more try. A snail arrived dead, whatever, not a big deal. But they didnt even ship my clown, and didnt tell me they werent going to. when i called, they said they dont do backorders, and im never seeing the fish but they will refund me. heres hte kicker, you had to spent $100 to get free shipping, so they readjusted my order to charge MORE because without the clown i wasnt over $100. So they charged shipping. crazy right? I threw a fit and they changed it back to refunding the clown. If only my story stopped there. I also ordered a black brittle star. he was a little discolored when i acclimated him, but within 24 hours colored up as he got happy in the tank...and started to take on a very suspicious green hue....surely not i said to myself, they wouldnt mix up the only predatory brittle star....ya tell that to my dead clown goby. so i am going to have to tear apart the tank to get the starfish out and try and give it away. Then i woke up this morning and one of the fish i ordered was dead after 36 hours in the tank. what a nightmare. Hope someone finds this helpful when trying to choose an online livestock website.

On-Line orders?

On-Line orders?

Always order from a arrive live with some type of warrenty for a week or two!!!:deadhorse1:

UPDATE: they do have a 14 day guarantee, I was just frustrated with the plethora of problems. I did receive and email back from them and I will now at least modify my review to include some seriously kick *** customer service. they refunded the mandarin, start fish, and snail, apologized profusely, and offered to waive shipping for my next order if i wanted to replace the clown goby etc. So i find I am a little less irritated with them now. A+ customer service goes a long way

Glad they have changed your opinion of them.

I wanted to note that I don't think its typical for companies to include return labels for products they sell unless it is some sort of warranty or RMA. At least that's my experience in IT. The return postage for returning items you don't like is typically the responsibility of the consumer.

Mixing up your order and the backorder thing I could understand would be very frustrating. At least they made it right, that's always the point when a company can either gain or lose a customer for life.

I have had problems with their customer service a few times and gave up on them. Personally, compared to their competitors I think their customer service stinks. I only order from the competitors now!

Glad you got it sorted out. I think I would have seriously lost my cool with them if I were in your shoes.

I've had good luck with them so far, but I've only ordered salt buckets through them. Sounds like I might keep it that way....

I've ordered probably 5x, but only dry goods. the shipping was always very FAST and i received everything that was ordered..

+1 about it not being their fault for not having return labels.

Back