Bad ph probe

biecacka

So about 21 days ago my return pump started leaking pretty bad. I took it offline and started trouble shooting it. While it was offline, my calcium reactor which is fed from a manifold via my return pump sat idle. My ph probe in my reactor dropped to 3.3 or so. Sat there for about 10 days or so and when I finally got my pump back online I let it run for a few days. It slowly creeped up to 4.64. Well I ordered some calibration fluid for the probe, took it out and cleaned it. Dropped it in 4.0 solution and it read 250 3 different times. Then I dropped it in 7.0 fluid and it read 450 3 times. Never got even close to the suggested numbers.
However I dropped it back in my calcium reactor until I could go figure it all out. Next day, the probe is reading 8.3 and now it's down to 7.7 or so. My reactor is shut off because I don't know if the probe is any good or not.
What's the verdict....throw it away and get a new one or re calibrate it and see if it is any good?
The probe is about 3 years old...

Corey

Three years old! Whoa I use to change mine at the 1 year mark. Then when I made a low flow dark housing for my probes I could get 18 months. I have never seen one read properly any longer than 18 months. Change it for sure.

I calibrate it every 6 months to stay on top of it. I’ve had good luck but a new one is on the way.

Corey

Back