Banggai Babies

RCS

In Memoriam
Not sure if I'm going to be able to save them or not, as they're currently camped out in the back corner of the tank, but it's a start! I count 6 of them right now...

81760banggai2.jpg
81760banggai1.jpg

Well...this is day 1 after release, so they've got a ways to go yet. They do appear to be eating frozen baby brine and rotifers I've squirted in their direction though.

To be honest, I don't have the time to raise them right now with the move coming up. If they're still there and I can get to them, you're more than welcome to try them out yourself when you're in town next. They should have put on a bit of size by then. Perhaps raising them together might net you a pair or harem. I'm not sure, but I don't believe the Banggais are hermaphroditic. I've got a trio, but the lone female is mostly left out by the other two. The female of my pair has actually been standing watch over the babies, which is kind of neat to watch. They've taken up hosting in a little 5-6 polyp zoanthid growth that seems to be growing behind the rock in the back corner of the tank!

Heh, you'll lose these guys in a tank that size. There are still five of them this morning, and momma seems to be keeping a watchful eye on them. Dad just hovers around the front of the tank waiting for food!

Discovered a few more this evening lurking in the tank. I think official count right now is 9 total. They seem to be doing well on their own and have put on some noticeable size, nearing 3/8", should be 1/2"+ within a couple weeks. They already recognize me as the man with the net and have evaded all my attempts to capture them so far!

Back