Batophora?

Hi, I have no idea of this plant-algae???

I have almost the same, looks like caulerpa but i don't know in your case but in mine there's not an horizontal guide joining all this "feathers" and seems this is the most characteristic fact of all caulerpas.

In my case there are kind of 3 "feathers" joint by a little cone... I'm searching. Another option is the bryopsis but looks little different. Please let me know if you found what is it.

See you

Ryan,
It would have been better to take a pic broadside while that specimen was still immersed in water. Pic-quality aside, emersing a specimen collapses a lot of distinctive features.

I doubt that is Batophora.
The determinate branchlets are too fancy.
It actually rminds me of some Bryopsis that are however known to be temperate species ---and there's that size reference to boot. Got a better pic --in situ?

jlserr,
Three "feathers" joined by a conoidal holdfast sounds pretty much like a young gametophyte Bryopsis.

Ok, You're right I'm 90% it's a Bryopsis Plumosa (the other 10% is cause mine is too young and need to grow before i can compare it with the most of picture i saw)... Now what?:D

I'll read about it

Thanks a lot

Horge,

Thank you for your response. I don't have any other pictures, and my lawnmower blenny has pretty much taken care of all the algae. From what i remember, the long strands that were anchored on the rocks and glass came from a small base and if I remember correctly, 3 strands came out of the base. The algae also grew out of the sand bed. Are these characteristics of bryopsis plumosa?

Thank you again for your response.

Ryan

Back