Best LFS near St. Petersburg?

I just picked up an ultra gold torch from sea life for a great price. I love that he is literally 5 minutes from my house. The other night he waited around to sell me a couple of frag plugs. I was really glad to see he had become a sponsor, that shows me he is committed to the local reefing community.

Never knew of this place. Where is he located?

Pertinent to the thread...

Pertinent to the thread...

My 2cents with a grain or two of salt.
It is also your personal obligation as a party in any transaction to be as aware as possible, lest you have yourself to blame.

In no particular order, as "best" is a very subject term but I'll try to offer a reasonable glance.

Wet Pet [724 pasadena ave s] - Many Many years ago this was my go to store. I'm ashamed to admit it's been so long I don't know if he's still there but fb seems to ensue he is. Smaller shop but the owner is a great guy with tons of knowledge and he'll find a way to help you with almost whatever you need. Always treated us and prices very well.
- I think I'll pay him a visit this weekend.

A-Tropical Reef - I see good possibilities coming to light here. I have always had good dealings here. Nice owners and a fair amount of knowledge. I'll say husbandry could use a little I'm provement but I have seen this place getting nicer and nicer. Last time I was in (a few weeks ago) the tanks and selection was looking good.
-I have gotten a couple nice items for good prices.
{I sincerely hope all the foolishness in this thread wasn't actually one of the owners...}

Sea Life Aquatics - Newer store with great potential good prices and an owner who cares about his customers business and livestock. He has a decent amount of knowledge and I think he is doing it right on the gradual incline. Has been looking better and better.
- I have purchased a few healthy pieces from him already. He's even nice enough to put up with my obscure questions and want's to help fulfill my requests.

Fancy Fish - An owner with a good amount of knowledge and I have enjoyed sharing stories and knowledge with her. I would like to see fancy fish succeed but she needs help in the the way of better employees and husbandry in general. I hope she can find someone good to help out.
-I have gotten a few things from here and the owner has gone way out of her way to help me solve issues.

Fins and skins - Nice shop with nice employees and a decent knowledge base and pretty good selection. Some husbandry improvements to be made but it looks good overall every time I go.
-I've found some nice pieces for good prices here and they always ask to get me something if they don't have it.

Faios - Always a good store with a good selection a decent price and a knowledgeable staff and owner. I'll let their positive reputation speak for itself.
- I frequent here quite often and have always picked healthy pets. (45min drive)

Animal House - In the best interest of the animals we hold captive please do not support this business until they can prove proper knowledge and welfare of these creatures. This includes selling to someone who can clearly not provide for the animal they purchase.

Petco - In the best interest of the animals we hold captive please do not support this business.

As someone over 6', I really couldn't stand the palm fronds at A tropical brushing on my face. I haven't been there in a while, does anyone know if they fixed that?

Wet Pet [724 pasadena ave s] - Many Many years ago this was my go to store. I'm ashamed to admit it's been so long I don't know if he's still there but fb seems to ensue he is. Smaller shop but the owner is a great guy with tons of knowledge and he'll find a way to help you with almost whatever you need. Always treated us and prices very well.
- I think I'll pay him a visit this weekend.

Jay is still around and doing well, he still doesn't have much of a saltwater selection in stock, but will order anything wanted and is still willing to chat with anyone, anytime. Glad you listed him on here.

Back