Best LFS near St. Petersburg?

Really mike!! This is the way you treat him? Is this befor or after he's given you free stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-15-19-52-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-15-19-52-52.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
Uh, what was given to me for free? And yeah, in the beginning I really did believe the store might go somewhere, which is why I went up to there and said it was a nice store. But after hearing from numerous people of being treated in certain ways then yeah, if people continue to get treated like that, that store will not last. Sorry but it's true, there are way too many stores in the area with amazing staff. Again, what was I ever given for free? Actually, I take that back, I bought a vlamingi tang awhile back and he gave me a free veggie clip. But aside from that, I'm not sure what else.

Edit: I shouldn't be using the word him as it's clearly you (Tim) the owner.

Last edited:
Look at the screen shot . Don't be 2 faced dude! if you have a problem, I'm sure he would work it out with you. He willing to make it right for everyone. They just added 2000 gallons more worth of coral and its overflowing the tubs and he said more to come. If it weren't for the local shops we wouldn't have shyt! personally I think it's the best in pinellas county. He does what he says he going to do.I'm still waiting for my pump price from sea what ever it is and that was 2 weeks ago. unfortunately the guys hungry and isn't building a shop off his father's retirement. !

fortunately the guy isn't even on this site to back him self up, but I'll be sure to let him know, so that you can get on the right page with him, better yet here's the shops number so you can talk to him instead of bashing behind his back.727 688-4101

So let me get this straight, the owner Tim has given me free stuff, then made the point to tell unknown person about how he gave CrazyEyes (Mike) free things in the past?

I hate to jump in, but harassing people to call a specific lfs up doesn't seem like good business IMO. Not sure what stake Reef king 777 has in this, but I personally know Mike and 2 faced is the last thing that I would use to describe him. I wont bash the store, but I wasn't very impressed with my experience and think its quite a stretch to call it the best lfs in the area...

Just the other day I was thinking, I wonder what happened to Jason lol. And Reefking777 has alot of stake in the company, he's the owner. And like I said before, when I first went to A tropical, I think it had alot of potential. But while after visiting a few times over the months I started getting less impressed, particular with the lights he had over the SPS. Lasttime I was actually in there, there was about 12 LEDs about 2' above the water, no optics, and I know people have told him that's not going to work, maybe he's changed it since then. I also want to say this, I don't want to see A tropical fail, I really dont. However, if people keep getting treated like arse holes then this store will fail.

I'll squash the beef. I was in there and told him that this thread was going, and that Mike aka crazy eyes was putting a fire under him on this thread. He fell over in disbelief, and was like I gave him stuff when we first opened. Might not have been free i didnt ask, but at probably a more than far price im assuming.And Was so shocked!! I just bought a used 30g off him and didn't have any problems. Any ways we need all the shops we can get to keep the market competitive. Contact the dude I'm sure he will make it right. and yes the last 3 or 4 times in there he had halides on but no sps

Okay well, apparently I've never even met you before, kind of curious how you knew my first name is Mike. Just kind of odd to me.

Sorry Crazyeyes but Reef King wont be able to reply ;).

FYI, it normally comes across as pretty slimy to potential customers when you create a username on a message board to lie about who you are, advertise yourself, and generally cause drama. ;)

I am a big fan of sea life fish and aquariums so far. It is a place that I enjoy giving my support

I also like fins and skins but I haven't had the best luck with their livestock.

I just picked up an ultra gold torch from sea life for a great price. I love that he is literally 5 minutes from my house. The other night he waited around to sell me a couple of frag plugs. I was really glad to see he had become a sponsor, that shows me he is committed to the local reefing community.

Back