Best Reef store in Nashville

scarson61

I am coming up to MTRC part of the world for a job interview and was wanting to stop by at least one aquarium store before I went home. Any suggestions?
Thanks Sanford

http://www.mtrc.org/vendorpages/

Thats all of them.

Personally I'd rank AC and Emerald Bay #1 with Fins close at #2. I don't know about the others...

As you can tell by our vendor page, the club does support all of them by at least listing their location. I'm sure at one time or another they've all been helpful to someone in the club.

I have recently started having more respect for emerald bay...Sean is good people....my previous experiences there without him left a lot to be desired...AC is just fine, too. It's good to have choices.

I'd say it depends on what you're looking for...

Others may not agree, but I'd say Aquatic Critter has a better selection of fish and are more likely to have a little bit better selection of softy and lps corals. Emerald Bay usually has more/better sps and have more recently had a pretty good selection of other corals. I've only been to Fins a couple of times because it is quite a drive for me, so I can't say much about them.

I frequent the Critter. I like their selection and I live pretty close. I do go to Fins and Emerald Bay sometimes. Fins is nice but the staff sometimes seems aggravated when you ask a lot of questions before buying. I went to Emerald Bay once and like the people that run the store. I will go again when I start my larger tank next year. But the critter is always helpful and takes time to answer all my questions. And their livestock is always nice and plentiful. I have bought a lot with them and never had anything problems except for a small chromis. but I think he committed suicide. Just disappeared one day...??? still baffled by his disappearance.

Do any of the stores have frag tanks? Such as 5 polyp zoa frags. Or a scratch and dent tank? Anyone ever see mantis shrimp in these stores? No store in KnoxVegas does.
Thanks.

No frag tanks, but I think there is a market for them. I heard one person mention the will to have something set up like that for peopel who don't need huge colonies (i.e., like to watch the tank grow). I expect something to come out along those lines in the next few years, but not too soon...

Yeah, I enter our stores walk around go oh that is nice, look at the price and leave. I would have no problem spending $100 at a LFS on 5 frags rather than a single.
I like to watch my tank grow but I always have bought small fish etc. to watch them mature.
I guess I will continue to buy from club people.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8092022#post8092022 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gflat65
No frag tanks, but I think there is a market for them. I heard one person mention the will to have something set up like that for peopel who don't need huge colonies (i.e., like to watch the tank grow). I expect something to come out along those lines in the next few years, but not too soon...

So Gary, when are you opening the store?!? :)

Gary... if you need a first mate to help out with the new store, I'm your guy... I'm sick of school anyway.

Well folks thanks for all your input! I went to emerald bay and was very impressed with the customer service. They went out of there way to help me and even though it was slim pickings from the big Labor Day sale I got a few cool inverts and will definitely stop there again when I go through Nashville.
Thanks Sanford

Back