Best source for tank raised bimacs?

Ceph Source was the fist place to offer captive breed O.bimaculoides years ago. They are no longer around. FFexpress was the online distributer for cative breed bimacs a few months ago but the supply was sold out in short time and there are no more available. I understand the breeder is working on a new batch but it will be a few months. These are the only captive breed octopus that have ever been offerd. In time you will see more captive breed babies for sale. It is a lot of hard work to rear the young and the food requirements are demanding. Coming across a gravid female or a male and female to mate are just as much of a challenge.
You can get a nice wild caught one from our good friend Jack at www.fishsupply.com. Just ask for Jack, tell him Chris sent you and you would like a small bimaculoides. He will do his best to take care of you. The current wild caught one I have was just as small as the captive breed babies and just as hardy. I have bought almost all my octopues from Jack and I highly recommend him.
-chris

Back