Best way to move an anem

Ismellikefish

1 of my rose anems decided to move right next to my overflow. Needless to say I don't want to take the chance of him trying to get inside it.

What is the best way to get him back on a rock? I don't want to harm him or tear his foot in any way.

Thanks
iBsmelly

ice cube at the base of the foot will get him loose and then you can stick him where you want.

what kind of lighting do you have? he may not be getting enough light and that is why he is going to the top of the tank.

I've had pretty good luck either aiming a powerhead at them, or by using my fingernail (I'm a girl) to slowly ease them off.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684168#post11684168 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by am3gross
ice cube at the base of the foot will get him loose and then you can stick him where you want.

what kind of lighting do you have? he may not be getting enough light and that is why he is going to the top of the tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684292#post11684292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeffbrig
A credit card works great for lifting an edge of the foot.

x2

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684168#post11684168 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by am3gross

Lights are 4x 54w t-5's >

I have 3 now > started out 2 and 1 split > My rockwork goes up pretty close to the top ( actually touching the overflow ) he was sitting on the rockwork right below it and just moved up like 2 inches onto the over flow.

I will try freezing a cube of ro/di and if that don't work try the card trick! thx guys

Back