Bidny's "Coral Prism" 300-gallon Rimless Build

Oh noooo!!! That is so sad! I'm so sorry to read this. Hopefully your insurance comes through for you quickly so you can get a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just came across this post hoping to hear what you thought about your sump. I've been in between what sump to get ave there isn't to much info/reviews on this exact one. Any info on what's going on with your tank?

Just came across this post hoping to hear what you thought about your sump. I've been in between what sump to get ave there isn't to much info/reviews on this exact one. Any info on what's going on with your tank?

Sump is still not active, unfortunately, but I'll be sure to report on it as soon as it is.

I have received the insurance check for the tank, although the movers are still insisting that I pay for the move itself. Definitely debating that one with them, as the tank is still in the same location it started with only the damage to show for it.

The new tank is in progress by Miracles. I received an update a while back, but I haven't pushed for a new update in a while. Hopefully I will be able to do so this week.

Will keep everyone updated as the new tank settles into its home.

Reading THE post was painful. Wow.

This is where my big tank fantasies often end, wondering just how I will manage to get a dream tank where I want it without spending almost an equal amount! Oh, and the fact I live in earthquake central tempers my ambitions :)

Good luck, hope to see your tank in its final spot, safe and sound, soon!

Reading THE post was painful. Wow.

This is where my big tank fantasies often end, wondering just how I will manage to get a dream tank where I want it without spending almost an equal amount! Oh, and the fact I live in earthquake central tempers my ambitions :)

Good luck, hope to see your tank in its final spot, safe and sound, soon!

Thanks! I'm excited to be getting to the good part again. It's been a while. Hopefully not much longer. And, hopefully, with a successfully placed tank this time around!

Sump is still not active, unfortunately, but I'll be sure to report on it as soon as it is.

I have received the insurance check for the tank, although the movers are still insisting that I pay for the move itself. Definitely debating that one with them, as the tank is still in the same location it started with only the damage to show for it.

The new tank is in progress by Miracles. I received an update a while back, but I haven't pushed for a new update in a while. Hopefully I will be able to do so this week.

Will keep everyone updated as the new tank settles into its home.

The nerve of those guys to ask you to pay for it when they didn't move it and broke it! That is amazing. I've had some bad experiences with movers but that's next level.

should look into seeing if your local club has some suction cups and about 8 strong guys and try to move it by yourself.
sorry to hear about the incident too, that really sucks man

corey

The nerve of those guys to ask you to pay for it when they didn't move it and broke it! That is amazing. I've had some bad experiences with movers but that's next level.

Yeah, it's definitely been a frustrating experience. Unfortunately, I will probably have to leave them a pretty ugly review.

should look into seeing if your local club has some suction cups and about 8 strong guys and try to move it by yourself.
sorry to hear about the incident too, that really sucks man

corey

I think I've found a good company to move it this time around. I wanted to try to move it with some friends and family, but there are two problems. 1) If we drop it, there's no insurance to cover it. 2) If someone gets hurt, I'd feel really awful about that.

I can’t even imagine the difficulty of getting 800 pounds of glass down a staircase without incident. Even with 8 people there is no way they would all have hands on it going down the stairs

I can't even imagine the difficulty of getting 800 pounds of glass down a staircase without incident. Even with 8 people there is no way they would all have hands on it going down the stairs

My thought would be to slide the tank down the stairs onto a furniture dolly. Could cover the stairs with a piece of plywood. Biggest thing would be to not scratch the tank.

Sorry to hear about your setback but on the bright side you have the makings of an amazing build under way and it will all be worthwhile when it's full of coral and fish. At least this gives you the opportunity to really take your time plumbing the sump.

Your stand, sump and tiling look sweet and I look forward to seeing this build progress.

I just did a quick google search and sunbelt rentals rents those stair lifts. According to the website they have one with a 650 pound capacity and a 1500 pound capacity. Doesn’t say the price though

So, way back in December 2017, I received the following update from Miracles regarding tank number two:

0350d07ba4acbd7b7725ff9ebd9e88f5.jpg

b00c079430dd2da02e44b45149d43247.jpg

I sold off the damaged tank to make room for the new one in the garage. I only charged the cost of the insurance deductible ($250) for the tank, hoping someone could find a way to use or repair it. It sold in a flash, and I hope it's out there living its best life :)

Then, finally in late April 2018, I had the new tank back in the garage where we started...

Back