Biocube custom hood

wkp42

Wanted to get an HQI look with an LED on my biocube 32. After many exhausting searches on google I found one tank. Google Johns Biocube. That is the only Biocube like it. I was able to reach him and he agreed to make mine like his. Only difference is I opted to have an acrylic lens over opening to prevent evaporation. With the lens the tank takes over a week to evaporate half a gallon. It has an extremely OEM look to it. I personally think Biocube's with the hood removed leaves a very ugly look with the exposed top rim. The Biocube's that have had the rim removed risk catastrophic failure (29/32 gal) without the extra support. I also needed a simple light mount solution without mounting it top the back of the stand, wall, ceiling, or floor stand. For this I simply used one of the “command damage free wall hangers (brushed nickel)” stuck to the back glass. When I need to life the hood all the way open I simply loosen the screw on the light bracket and take it off. This is so I don't have to re-adjust my light bracket every time when bending it up. I very rarely need to open lid all the way up anyway. Super simple super easy If you see this John, thanks!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
That’s sweet! Opens up a slew of lighting options while still maintaining the OEM look.

Back