Bit of an issue.

CrazyEyes

So I noticed a few days ago, while I have the tank mocked up on the stand, it literally fits perfectly on the stand, problem is, once I add a 1/16" gap to each seam (for silicone) it will no longer sit perfectly flush on the stand, now I know cutting 1/8" is not an issue but, does anyone have any advice on how to maybe trim or shave 1/8" off of each panel?

If I'm.following you correctly you mean the glass....I would say only a glass company can do that .....If it's acrylic use a router....but you are using silicone so I'm assuming glass

I would say a Dremel. but I think you are asking how to "shave glass" ...would be out of my wheelhouse going in that arena.
If you can taper the wood , might have better input.

I called the glass place that I got the glass from and she said they should be able to trim it down for free, so hopefully they can do it. There is also one piece that is slightly shorter than the other 3 sides so I might have them try to fix that also.

I called the glass place that I got the glass from and she said they should be able to trim it down for free, so hopefully they can do it. There is also one piece that is slightly shorter than the other 3 sides so I might have them try to fix that also.

Glad to hear it can be done

Back