Suggestions for putting four 60 gal cubes side by side on one system.

bryhan67

I currently have two 240 gallon tanks. I was going to do three so I built 3 stands at 8 foot long by 24" deep.

I only put in the tanks what I can get behind my beach house in Baja California. Thats part of the fun and every night easter egg hunt. The problem is everyone eats everyone haha. I like bare bottom but some critters like the sand too. Some fish are small with big mouths and can eat a fish half its size. We have all kinds or fan coral and some super neat tiny tiny shrimps and crabs.

So my idea is instead of another 240gal I would do four 60gal cubes but put on the 8 foot stand so it looks almost like the other two large tanks. Then I can keep different things in each tank.

I was thinking about doing a manifold of PVC up over all the tanks to return the water from sump.

Any tips on do's or don'ts to tie all 4 cubes into the big sump for my other 240gal?

ALso any good on line stores to get the 60g cubes?

Other question is how to tie two 75gal tanks that I will use as a sump. Two 75g fit perfect under the 240g. Was thinking about drilling both and hoping they will self level. Not sure the hole size I would need for 1000gph return.

I don't have any suggestions as I've never tied multiple tanks into one system, let alone tanks of that size.

@wvned might have some suggestions.

The OP didn't make any sense to me.
I would not put 4 tanks side by side. The glass between them will get dirty and you wont be able 2 clean it. Have glass cut and divide a single tank,
Do you have 2 240s running now on one sump now? Are the 2 75 gallons connected a sump for all the tanks or just the new one?
1000 gph isnt much for 240 gallons total.
You can combine drains and manifold returns. It all depends on pipe size.

I tied 2 stock tanks together with 2x2 inch pipe in bulkheads.
My 180 and 240 have have 28000lph in pumps. That's 7396gph though.

Head not clear. Just took the old cat for his last vet visit.

I would not put 4 tanks side by side. The glass between them will get dirty and you wont be able 2 clean it. Have glass cut and divide a single tank,
Do you have 2 240s running now on one sump now? Are the 2 75 gallons connected a sump for all the tanks or just the new one?
1000 gph isnt much for 240 gallons total.
You can combine drains and manifold returns. It all depends on pipe size.

I tied 2 stock tanks together with 2x2 inch pipe in bulkheads.
My 180 and 240 have have 28000lph in pumps. That's 7396gph though.

Head not clear. Just took the old cat for his last vet visit.
Afree the glass can get dirty betwee, Considered siliconing them so water does not get it. I would also paint outside black so it wont show.

Yes two 240s on one 75 gallon sump now plus a 55 gallon barrel that holds 8" x 36" filter socks and that works great. Then that dumps into a 75 gallon with skimmer only. Would like to do a refug there somehow. Would it work to slide another 75 gal next to it and drill two large bulk heads near the bottom on the back so it will self level?

Sory pump is 4000 GPH and will prob add another about same size. I wont have a ton of corals. We only have a few types here that I can get at low tide. Once established I can scuba dive for more variety.

After moving the last 240 that is all 3/4 glass I like the idea of 4 smaller tanks. ITs just me and sometimes one person to help.

Bummer about your cat. I had one for 18 years I get it.

Back