Black Friday sales and temptation

I'v actually been looking at this same exact one for my new build. As much research as i have been doing on this particular skimmer, I haven't read much on the skimmer pump. I far and dead silent. If anything, the background LED light indicator lights on the different levels on the controller has faded a little. It doesn't bother me since iv set and forget it let alone its connected to my apex. I actually had the regal 150 version before upgrading to a bubble king and what what I did miss the most was the skimmer cup float that shuts off the skimmer in case of an overflow, the break in period and tunability was a quick and went to work quick. Overall Id wouldn't hesitate to buy the regal version but Im also looking at the Elite version as well for an extra $50 bucks. I think you get a lot of bang for you buck on these skimmers.

Thanks for chiming in, I also looked at the 10 model but it is scary close to my maximum size my sump will handle. Good prices right now. I have a 6" RO skimmate locker as well so this could work with it.

I hade a bubble king super Marin then went to the regal 300. The regal skimmer works much better and no pump problems so far. My bubble king controller went out and was spendy to get fixed. The neck extensions they offer for the skimmers are great if you have the height and want additional tuning. The gate valve makes it easy to adjust as well.

For the Regal 250 internal with an external pump, I only have an 1/2" total clearance in my sump, so 1/4" on each side.

It's amazing I already received my skimmer from BRS, talk about fast shipping, it takes a week to get something from the next state over.

Back