Blue Anthelia ... anyone have it?

We got ours at a LFS in CA for 50$, it was so beautifull I had to have it.

It is almost a weed to us sometimes. It will pop off a polyp and that polyp will grow to a small group in days. We have great luck with it but a friend had it melt on her twice.

Here are pics of ours to show the color.
0602230034-vi.jpg

For color comp. in the pic is a pink Xenia the Blue Anth.
0603170014-vi.jpg

BlueAntheliaa-vi.jpg

HTH

I have some but my Regal Tang is always going through it like its a buffet. It will start making a come back and then the Tang will go after its polyps. When I first bought it, I had alot of die back but now it seems to be getting used to my tank.

Not yet, there is not much of it to take a picture of. As soon as it starts making a comeback the tang tears into it. I feed the tank regularly and I have been told Regal Tangs are suppose to be reef safe, mine will devour some forms of soft corals so beware. I would take the sucker out of the tank if it weren't a 210g and full of rock.

Well I dont plan on getting a Regal anyways but I'm surprised to hear its chowing down your softies. I always thought they were reef safe too. Thanks for the warning though.

It does not seem to bother most corals, just seems to like the Blue Anthelia, I have Giant Anthelia also. It never bothers it. I have four other friends who have a regal and have two of them have had trouble with theirs at sometime.

I would use some caution they spread quite rapidly and will grow over almost anything.I purchased a small frag a few months ago and now the stuff is everywhere.

Back