Blue shroom is lonely...

kaserpick

Keeping it Simple
I've this dude in my current tank for about 6 months. All other shrooms keep multiplying while he remains solitaire. Should I cut him up or just keep waiting. I don't want to mess and kill him since he's the only one I've got and I haven't seen another one yet. Anyone else have one just like this? Anyway here's a pic:

BlueShroom.jpg

Thumbs up!
Kaserpick

well if you wanna take the risk then cut it leaving the base (foot) and just place the rest of the mushroom in another location

they are very hardy (from my experince putting them into a blender and chopping them up then pouring it into the tank to find 2 months later like 50 mushrooms) lol

if u like it then dont risk it maybe the location it is isnt good enough for it to multiply

I'd say definitley move it somewhere else in the tank....possibly where there is less water flow. I agree with makavel though...pick up some propagation tools online or at your LFS and cut a small piece off the shroom...place it somewhere where it will get light but where this is minimal water flow. I've never cut one of my shrooms but my buddy props his corals all the time!

I have lost of those. mine is multiplying, but not so fast as my brown discosomas. they dont like bright light or strong current. i have mine at the bottom of my reef, at the side of the tank. But u can go ahead and frag, they'r extreamly hardy.

Hope u have 50 more!

oh, by the way, is there any coral close 2 it that makes it unhappy, could not see from the pic. looks like it's chasing the xenia further

Thanks for the reply guys; I think I may just try and cut into it a little and see what happens. If I can't find a good spot to put it, should I get some big PVC with netting over top of it? Thanks again!

Back